A few months ago I had an opportunity to work with Marc Spagnuolo from the Wood Whisperer, to record a course on how to design and build this Japanese Inspired End Table for the guild. The WoodWhisperer Guild is an online Woodworking School to teach you how to build Fine Furniture.
Below is a promo video. In the actual course, you will have access to in-depth step-by-step video instructions, as well as a set of plans with a materials list, and cut list.
This End Table design was heavily influenced by my interest in Japanese culture and architecture. In the design, I brought in several architectural elements to give it the look and feel of a Japanese aesthetic. The overall design plays with subtle angles and curves to create an elegant table. The construction of the table focuses on traditional joinery techniques.
In this course, you will have access to:
- Detailed cut list and plans including a PDF and a SketchUp file (Metric and Imperial).
- Video instruction showing every step of the build.
- All videos and plans are digital and will be available for download upon purchase.
- I will be in the comment section to answer any questions you have along the way.
This course will teach you:
- How to use inspiration to design furniture
- Curved half-lap joinery (hand tool method)
- Mortise and tenon joinery (table saw and router method)
- Cutting angles and curves
- An alternative design method for designing with curves
- HVLP Spray finishing
There is a complete materials and tool list over at the wood whisperer guild if you are interested in taking this course.
This Course Is hosted through the Woodwhisperer Guild, so head over there for more details.
If you are interested in some of the other courses I teach, like if you want to learn SketchUp, Please check out my Woodworking and Design courses page
Support For This BlogDON'T MISS A POST! GET RSS NOTIFICATIONS HERE
Subscribe! • Like! • Share!
Thank you for your support!